https://fivepointsrunners.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Rachael-Stella-3000x2000.png 2000 3000 Wiltshire https://fivepointsrunners.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/FivePoints-Runners-Logo-340x156.png Wiltshire2014-07-10 12:31:592015-09-06 22:27:20Expectations
Runners and their Parents and/or Guardians must sign the Rules and Expectations Document before a runner is allowed to participate in practice sessions or meets. Our program requires dedication and commitment from our athletes and their parents/caregivers. By joining the team athletes are signifying that they will:
- Attend practice sessions regularly and participate in team events.
- Maintain a healthy diet that includes regular meals, healthy snacks and staying well hydrated – drinking lots of water.
- Get lots of sleep to restore energy levels and aid in recovery after workouts.
- Do well at school. Schoolwork is of the highest importance.
- Be on time for practice and meets.
- Give 100% effort at all times.
- Support teammates through encouragement and positive interactions.
- Measure accomplishment not just through placement in events but by other means as well (personal records, trying new events, etc.).
- Respect teammates, coaches and parents; especially other runners on the track.
- Complete goal sheets to support development of time management and goal-setting skills.
Parents and other caregivers are a vital part of the team. They are expected to:
- Be supportive and respectful of all the coaches.
- Support of our views of healthy eating and living.
- Volunteer their time that can include chaperoning our young athletes to meets and events, writing grant proposals, fundraising for the team, and more.